Wednesday 28 May 2008

A Funny Month


It's been a funny month because a lot of my time has been taken up with appearing in School's 150th Anniversary production - in which one of my roles was as Mrs Thatcher - and getting a Merit in Grade 1 Oboe!

However, we did manage to do three walks!. The first - which turned into a family day - included going under the flight path at London City Airport (very noisy), walking under the Thames and catching the River Cruiser back to Charing Cross. The second had us visiting Charlton and Woolwich - meeting the same bus inspector twice at different locations - and then me 'collapsing' at Shooters Hill due to acting fatigue!

Finally, we did a mammoth 7 miles by completing the second walk - and then seeing beautiful Eltham Palace and Grove Park's 'interesting' neighbourhood. We were both shattered!

I also explored some new parts of London - including South Kensington. While I could take or leave the Royal College of Art, I thought Harrods was great - what donuts and plasma tv's! We also went to Chelsea - and saw Sloane Square, the Royal Army Hospital and the pagoda in Battersea Park.

I haven't quite made the East End yet, but have arranged to do some community work with old people in September, go sea-fishing on our holiday in France and sailing in Salcombe with one of my godfathers - and have been struggling through HG Wells 'The First Men on the Moon'.

Dad's so tired, he's gone for a lie-down!

No comments: